BV West Spotlight Online

• Follow us on social media @bvwspotlight on Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram!

NHS Blood Drive Photo Gallery

National Honor Society put together a blood drive on Aug. 30

Back to Article
Back to Article

NHS Blood Drive Photo Gallery

Nervous giggles! Junior, Mara Klug is laughing with her doctor as he checks her paperwork. Mara is participating in a blood drive held at Blue Valley West.

Nervous giggles! Junior, Mara Klug is laughing with her doctor as he checks her paperwork. Mara is participating in a blood drive held at Blue Valley West. "At first it was scary because I hate needles and have never donated blood, but it really wasn't bad and didn't hurt at all".

Drew Lazzo

Drew Lazzo

Drew Lazzo

Drew Lazzo, Photographer

Drew Lazzo
Blood donors are special people Junior Pahul Warya listens to the nurse’s instructions for the blood drawing. The event was held in the Auxillary Gym.

Drew Lazzo
Not afraid of needles. Junior Eunha Kim is about to give blood for the NHS blood drive. The nurse volunteer is starting to put in the needle to start the process as Kim looks on.

Drew Lazzo
Tick, tock! Students wait to be tested to make sure their blood has enough iron to be donated. “Well, I was just noticing the whole time that I was fine and everyone else was dropping like flies.” senior Nathan Foxworthy said.

Drew Lazzo
Giving blood so others can live. Junior Lily Madden prepares to have her blood drawn. The nurse volunteer preps each donor by cleaning off their arm with a disinfecting wipe. “The blood drive was a really good experience,” Madden said. “I really enjoyed the people and it was a great feeling to be able to donate blood that someone else may need in the future.”

Drew Lazzo
Got Blood? Senior Emma Moriarty has her blood tested to make sure she is eligible to donate. The blood drive medical professionals checked everyone’s blood before allowing them to donate.

Drew Lazzo
Every drop counts. Senior Britain Bowles squeezes a ball with her hand while she is donating her blood to keep it circulating. 

Drew Lazzo
Nervous giggles! Junior Mara Klug laughs with the medical volunteer as he checks her paperwork.  “At first it was scary because I hate needles and have never donated blood, but it really wasn’t bad and didn’t hurt at all.” Klug said.

Drew Lazzo
The first step! Senior Tyler Shank has his finger pricked so they can test his blood before he donates it. 

Drew Lazzo
Saving lives one step at a time. Senior Jessica Simpson waits patiently to finish up the process after her donation. 

Drew Lazzo
Excited to donate. Sophomore Monica Lents, smiles as the volunteer preps her to give blood. While others were nervous, Lents appeared to enjoy the process of helping others by donating blood.