The Spotlight: Multi-Media Edition

Hannah Cole, Managing Editor

As the new year begins, reporters of The Spotlight explore new ways to deliver interesting content regarding the community and BV West. Social media, videos, and podcasts are all making an appearance on the BV West news webpage.

Social Media

Reporters are working to provide information on events in the easiest way for the students. Students will be able to add The Spotlight on Snapchat, follow them on Instagram, and keep up with the news on Twitter. With these outlets, news about the school will be more accessible.

Podcasts

In addition to social media, The Spotlight will also upload podcasts. The podcasts will serve for quick announcements but also as a more personal way to deliver reviews and fun stories. The most recent podcasts will include a trailer review for the upcoming Marvel movies and a Netflix romantic comedy review. Both of these detail movies and media that students love while allowing reporters and fellow jaguars to express their opinions in a more entertaining way. Keep a look out for these upcoming podcasts.

Print

The multi-media options now provided won’t hinder the continued creation of The Spotlight’s print edition. The print will resume with new stories on events, reviews and more throughout the year.

As we begin our journey into multi-media, stay on the lookout for more content every day.