The student newspaper of Blue Valley West

BV West Spotlight Online

BV West Spotlight Online

BV West Spotlight Online

Latest Issue
Inspiration through Social Media
Features
Inspiration through Social Media
Rebeca Flores Luna, Editor In Chief • May 14, 2024
Spring Signing Day 2024
Online Exclusives
Spring Signing Day 2024
Lamya Alam, Reporter • April 30, 2024
Car Wash Crimes
News
Car Wash Crimes
Allie Friesz, Reporter • April 25, 2024
Senior, Sam Dew heads home as he celebrates his home run.
Photo Galleries
Baseball vs BVNW & Aquinas
Katie Gillian, Photographer • April 22, 2024
Junior Tate Miller sprints the last 25 yards of the 200 meter race.
Photo Galleries
Track Meet on 3/21
Will Bensman, Photographer • April 22, 2024

Lunar New Year Festival @ Blue Valley High Feb. 12, 2024

Cool dance moves! The 3 main performers of the Lion Dance perform in unison as the musicians behind them compliment it with frantic music. (Julian Duarte)
Seniors Divya Narne, Cheryl Wang, and Rebeca Xue pose for fun photos with lunar new year props! (Andy Duarte)
Preparation is perfect! A member of the BVH lunar new year event organizers is steadily hanging up decorations for the upcoming event! (Andy Duarte)
A staff member of the BVH Asian Multicultural Club explains which animal represents the students based on the year they’re born! (Andy Duarte)
A game of Go is being played between two students while enjoying delicious food! (Andy Duarte)
KU dragon line dance performers skillfully hop to the beat with bright fur going with them! (Andy Duarte)
The dragons start to climb onto the drums, and flail around! A wild performance! (Andy Duarte)
A fun costumed member of the line dance watches as the dragons interact in front of a live audience! (Andy Duarte)
The KU dragon line dancers hold a happy new year banner up in english and chinese, marking a great time in their culture! (Andy Duarte)
What a performance! At the Lion Dance performance, the two lions show off their flags that celebrate the new year. (Julian Duarte)
Cool pose! A Lion Dancer poses for the camera as he leans offstage at the crowd. (Julian Duarte)
Amazing! During the Lion Dance performance, the dancer and the detailed lion costume stare at the crowd menacingly. (Julian Duarte)
How unique! During the Lion Dance performance, a man in a golden robe dances alongside the dragons that parade the stage. (Julian Duarte)
Senior Andy Duarte is receiving a fortune at one of the stations at the Lunar New Year Festival. (Julian Duarte)
Competitive Camaraderie! Two students play famous Chinese board game GO at one of the Lunar New Year stations. (Julian Duarte)
How cool! Senior Andy Duarte gets a korean pin that aligns with his birth month. (Julian Duarte)