Smartphone Addiction

John A. Byrket, Writer

Teenagers are addicted to their phones. Its that simple. Walking around the halls of any school you won’t even be able to see what kids faces look like because they are looking down at their phones. According to Pewinternet facts over 67% of cell owners find themselves checking their phone for messages, alerts, or calls- even when they don’t notice their phone ringing or vibrating. So basically kids are just looking down at their phones just to look at it. This is highly affecting social skills. If students are spending all the time just looking down, the imagine how much they are missing.Teenagers and their cell phones is like a dog and its ball, its something they cant live without. According to Pewinterent 29% of cell phone owners actually describe their cell phone as something they cant imagine living without.

Now smartphones are not a bad things. There are a ton of negatives to them but there are just as many positives if not more of them. Especially in school they are very effective in learning, and students love using their smartphones so why not put them to good use? Actually 74% of teachers say that technology including smart phones motivate the students, according to Growing Wireless. It might just not be at home where smart phones and technology can be a positive influence and help kids. One in three teens say that they feel more accepted online then they do in real life, according to Growing Wireless.

Overall teens, kids, and students are addicted to their phones. Which does not mean it is bad or good. It honestly just depends on the person. Smartphones are great for communicating, and learning. As long as people use it right then smartphones are on the greatest things ever invented.