BV West Spotlight Online

• Follow us on social media @bvwspotlight on Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram!

Volleyball hosts Senior Night

Ennis, Lilley and Uhlenhake play last game at BV West

Back to Article
Back to Article

Volleyball hosts Senior Night

Senior volleyball players and their managers Annie Dykstra and Hanna Fisher, pose together on volleyball's Senior Night

Zoey Greenberg

Zoey Greenberg

Zoey Greenberg

Lanie Render, Contributor

On Tuesday, the seniors of BV West’s undefeated volleyball team played their last home game of their Jaguar volleyball career.

Before the game, seniors Madison Lilley, Peyton Uhlenhake, and Chloe Ennis walked onto the court, escorted by their parents while their achievements were read. Their teammates gave them roses and a book, full of memories they shared with the team.

Unlenhake describes the night as “bittersweet,” excited to celebrate her four years in the volleyball program but sad it must come to an end.

After these festivities honoring the seniors, the Jags crushed their opponent, Mill Valley, to hold on to their undefeated record and clench the first ELK title in Jaguar volleyball history.

After the game, the team, along with Coach Jessica Kopp and parents held a banquet to further acknowledge the seniors contributions and memories of their high school career.

“It is amazing to celebrate these moments with my teammate and remember the incredible season.” Lilley said.

An incredible season indeed, with the leadership of the extraordinary seniors, the volleyball team was named MaxPrep’s number one team in the nation. Undefeated, ELK Champions, and the top team in the country? The seniors have led one of the best teams in BV West volleyball’s history and aren’t stopping there.

Hungry for another state title, the senior captains and their team have their sub-state games this Saturday at Blue Valley North. The Jags play at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. against Shawnee Mission South and, potentially, home team BV North, perfect times to watch the schools former state champs fight to continue their undefeated season.